Friday 2 May 2008

Please let it be good weather this weekend...

After 15 or so months of not riding, I've decided to ignore the doctors and get back in the saddle tomorrow!
Ok so it's a big risk to my health, but I need to be at one with my horse again. I miss it, and she does too. I need to feel alive again, and I will riding her.
For the first 6 or so weeks I'll need to walk her only, and for about 20 minutes at a time to start off. Then I can introduce trot after a bit and finally canter. She needs to go slowly at first to.
But so much rests on this weekend. If I cope with it I'll get the girl at the stables to ride her a few times in the week too. As I get stronger I'll be able to bus to the yard and have lessons. But there's no point starting her off if I have to stop again. Waste of time and money.
So fingers crossed I cope with it all, and pray for good weather! Don't think she'd appreciate starting over in the rain!
I'm ridiculously excited about it all though! I feel like a child on Christmas Eve!

5 comments:

Dagny said...

Good luck Hun!!!

And I shall pray that the rain gods leave you alone tomorrow!!!

Give Mizz a pat for me. :)

xoxoxoxoxo

Annie Coe said...

Good luck and be careful will ya.
May you have sunshine and a fun day.

Dagny said...

Thinking about you, and hoping that right at this moment you are riding your beautiful Mizz, and feeling alive!!

Love you.
xoxoxox

Phoenix said...

It was BRILLIANT!
After a really depressed Friday night I nearly didn't try to ride but Larry convincved me and it was worth it. Considering she's been out of work for a year, not been lunged prior to riding and in for 3 days as the fields have been wormed, Mizz was an angel. We walked on a 40min route along the river side and through trees. We're both speed freaks but managed to just walk. Don't want a lame horse at the end of it!
Today I hurt but its good pain because its aching from doing something good, not from a damaged body as it usually is.
I'm riding out again this afternoon with the girl who runs the yard! She's still being very nice after her earlier bitch fest!
And yes Dagny, I felt very alive!
Maybe eating isn't so bad.

Dagny said...

O M G.

Your last line gave me serious goosebumps.

they are still there.

Oh Jenny, I am so fucking HAPPY right now!!!

And so very happy you and Mizz had such a lovely time, and behaved both yourselves!!!!!!!!!

Have fun today, cant' wait to hear all about it.

And I will be so happy, because you are riding again. *happy dance*

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo