Saturday 10 May 2008

Still ill

It's the 5th day of my throat infection and I'm beginning to feel really depressed now. All week I've done the right stuff; eat a bit, drink plenty of fluids, take vitamin c and echinacea, gargle and rest. But I still feel dreadful.

L has been on call the past 2 days, not getting home until 10pm, so I've been having to fend for myself. The glands in my neck and stomach are massively swollen and I have a mild fever, but as it's most likely a virus I wouldn't get antibiotics for it. I wanted to bus it up to the stables yesterday and today, but I'm still too ill to do so. I want someone to look after me a bit, give me a bit of tlc, but L is tired when he gets home and can't be bothered. Instead it's me having to look after him, iron him a fresh shirt, when all I want is to be given a bit of love.

I really needed some horsey therapy as well. I feel like a beached whale, don't want to eat. It all sucks.

3 comments:

Dagny said...

(((((HUG))))))

I'm sorry L is working late this weekend. :(

And that is so not fair that you are still sick, I'd be ticked off too.

But hang in there, you are doing everything right, you will get better. It just might take a bit longer for your body to do its job.

thinking about you, and I will be around on and off today, so gimme a nudge if you come online. And I'll keep checking for you.

Remember, close your eyes, and be on your Mizz. Don't let her speak to you like I know she is. Remember what being ALIVE feels like. And how much you loved it. And how everyday you will feel more and more alive.

Love you Hunny.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Annie Coe said...

So sorry you are sick. Big hugs.
I would say no to the ironing of the shirts, but that is just me :-). Take care of you. OX

Barb said...

I'm sorry your so sick.
(((hugs)))

I wish you had someone to give you the TLC you need and desearve.

Hope you feel better soon.