Monday 12 May 2008

Sunny sunny sunny!



I love the sun! Last summer the UK was hit by days of torrential rain and nationwide floods, so we didn't see much sun after May. The winter seemed to come early, though to be honest I started going into hospital non-stop from September until January, so I barely saw what the weather was doing anyway! Up until a week or so ago it was chilly with winds and rain. But it's been a week of glorious sunshine, and today it's still sunny! I'm not a sun-worshipper sort of person but I am outside a lot when I'm not too ill, and I love getting the light in my eyes and some good old Vitamin D! I pray that it'll still be nice in July when L and I go to Cornwall for a week, as last July we had to cancel our break due to the weather. Lucky that L's mum owns the cottage in Cornwall, so the only thing we have to arrange is L's time off (which is a nightmare!). We both really need a holiday, especially since our Jamaican honeymoon has been postponed with the wedding. Had things worked out, I'd be getting married in 13 days from now, and going to Jamaica in 15. Wish it'd worked out.

Anyhooo, it's a beeeee-yoooo-tiful day and my throat feels a bit better so I may try to get to the stables this afternoon. It would probably be more wise to spend another day resting to fully get over it, but I can feel the horsey pull......!! I'm a bit scared of the journey as it's 2 buses and I've not done that since last year. I think I'm strong enough. I must be strong enough!

Oooh my new passport has just arrived! Now I can travel!!!!

3 comments:

Annie Coe said...

Glad you are feeling better! Go slow today and take care, enjoy that sun!

Phoenix said...

Thanks Annie! I got there and back in one piece and had a short ride, though she was a naughty horse today. Seems she's trying it on, seeing what she can get away with. I was firm with what I was asking her to do but not too firm as I can't afford to come off her at the moment. It would probably kill me off.

It felt sooooooo good to be out in the world though. Ok so I may still be pretty ill but to be able to do just that feels like a gift from God. Does that sound silly?

I'm hoping hoping hoping to be up to going again tomorrow...gotta show that horse I mean business!!!

Dagny said...

OH yay!!!

So glad you got out again, and the sun too??? Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep on riding my friend. :D

I'll do a sun dance for you here. ;)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo