Wednesday 2 April 2008

Horsey shenanigans

I'm never very good at coming up with titles for my blog entries.
I sit and stare at the title box for a bit then decide to write and come back to it later. I wonder if that's how authors name their books...?

It's been a weird few days. After a spate of mild food poisoning yesterday, L is back at work today starting a new rotation. He's on acute medical admissions which means he'll work longer days and more on call hours. I a couple of weeks he does a week of nights which sucks for me as he sleeps all day and works all night. More loneliness for me. But at least the food police will be out of town, so to speak!

So yeah, after a pitiful attempt at eating a little bit of spaghetti bolognese (minus the spaghetti - carb phobia ahoy here!), we both ended up with food poisoning yesterday. Only when you're in kidney failure, it has a serious knock-on effect to hydration levels so I was much more seriously affected thaan L. I went to bed at 10pm, and apart from my usual of getting up to pee and puke, I did not wake until 2.15pm. I slept through my alarm which was an arse because I had therapy this morning. Oh well.... I was not in great shape when I did wake.

Anyway, my big trial today is horsey-related. I woke to a text from one of the people who works on the new yard where I moved my horse a month ago. She wanted to put my horse onto pony nuts. I texted back to say I did not want her feed changed (been there, done that, makes my horse totally fizzed up which is bad if I want to start working her). I also said I needed to speak to her and when would be a good time to catch her on the phone. She said she's busy so text it through.

So I did and she massively over-reacted to something I said and blew me out via text.
Money aside, I do not expect to receive crap like that via text from a little upstart who thinks she's something special. So I called the woman who ran my old yard, and the good news is she's moving next month, so a couple of months to renovate a barn into stables and I'm moving back to her. She was good to me, like a second mum. She cares about me, loves my horse, and looks after us. It'll be further to go on bus but I think that's for the best. Too much money and L may want me to sell her.
If I lose my horse, I lose my fight to live.

2 comments:

Phoenix said...

What REALLY pissed me off later is when L got home, he said I must just've caught her at a bad moment and I was over-reacting. He always takes the other person's side.

Apparently the new place I want to go to is not 100% certain yet. God, give me a break on this one and let it go through so I can move. Please!

Dagny said...

Tell L that he should STOP invalidating you. It is wrong.

You had every right to feel the way you did. And that woman was out of line. Plain and simple. I don't care if her fuckign house was on fire, she should have treated you with respect.

I'll be keeping everything crossed that Mizz gets her new home. And that everything works out, and soon.

xoxoxoxxoxo