Friday 4 April 2008

How the hell do they work?!!!

Ok so now I'm making more jewellery again, I decided to invest in a little soldering iron to secure wire stuff.
I soldered in high school without a problem.
Can I do it now?! Can I heck! I was practising (good job too as working on a Swarvoski necklace straight away would've been a biiiiiiiiiiiig mistake!) but it just didn't seem to work.
I mean, The iron tip melted the solder, but I couldn't seem to transfer the molten blob onto the wire bead. How hard can it be?! Apparently it's bloody hard!
Dagny, does your man know the secrets of soldering?! I know that's probably sexist but only a man would be nuts enough to play with a soldering iron!

6 comments:

Dagny said...

you know, he is actually. Or trying. My Dad was a good soldering man, so of course A wants to be able to do it too!!!

I'll ask for any tips for you. :)

Dagny said...

And see, on the map, we're really not that far apart!!! ;)

Phoenix said...

Lol!!!

Dagny said...

ok, I asked Al, he said he is useless. LMAO. I used to do a lot for my dad, so I will try to break out the stuff and see how much I remember...hehe.

Love the pics btw!!!

Phoenix said...

My dad reckons I need to use fine sandpaper to remove the silver plating on the wire first. Yeah that'll be soooo easy when the wire is 0.5mm diameter and I'll need to remove 1-2mm only!!!!!!

Arrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Thanks for checking Dagny. Dad was useful but I didn't understand a lot of what he was saying. The words flux, tempering and tinning were used a lot....!!!

Dagny said...

oh dear...LMAO

yeah, sounds like what I would have gotten told by mine as well...heh.